Saturday 16 June 2007

The Northern Quarter – what a revelation

Lightfoot and I skived off work for a day and went to The Manchester Museum of Science and Industry and then to the Northern Quarter. The museum was cool particularly the sewers! Trust us to be drawn to where the rats used to live. I like the way they had all these mannequins in different set ups – they even had a pig. The museum is huge – it takes a huge day to really appreciate all the exhibits and stuff.


One really cool thing we checked out was the Xperiments section which is a hands on Science gallery – for kids really but we had so much fun there! And we looked out the window we could see the Coronation St set in Granada Studios. How good is that! If you look closely you can see Dev’s corner shop, Vera’s house and Clare and Ashley’s garden. Made my day I tell you.

We spent the afternoon in the Northern Quarter, drinking cocktails (non-alcoholic of course), shopping and checking out wigs. Yes, wigs. What a day. I’ve fallen in love with the NQ, its very .. alternative. We did some shopping first and went to POP and Magma and I got my POP back which I am so proud of! I’ve been coveting one of these bags ever since I saw Lightfoot’s. Doesn’t it look cool?

If you’re wondering about the wigs, we want them for when we go up to the Edinburgh Fringe. I mean where else would you get away with wearing a wig?

No comments: